The difference between an average employee and a top performer often depends on the manager’s perception. Here are 5 ways to catch your manager’s attention and improve their perception of you.
- Be positive – Managers appreciate employees who create solutions not complain about problems. If you need to address something negative, make sure to provide an idea to resolve the problem. Managers look for employees who have a positive attitude that do not complain.
- Be reliable – Reliability is so important in the work place. Are you on time? Do you complete tasks by their deadline? Managers want to know that if they assign you a project that they can rest assured knowing that you will complete the task on time and meet expectations.
- Be friendly – Personality can go a long way in the workplace. Managers want to work with people that they can get along with, and who gets along well with others on the team. Being friendly can go a long way to create a positive impression in the workplace.
- Be proactive – It’s so important to be proactive in the workplace. Don’t sit and wait around for an assignment; look for ways to improve the business. Managers will take notice of your ambition if you go out of your way to look for things to do. This will set you apart from your colleagues.
- Be coachable – Sometimes your manager will have to deliver some constructive criticism, or talk to you about your performance. Make sure to be receptive of feedback. You need to be able to take the feedback and work to improve without taking it personally.
Follow these 5 tips and you will be sure to stand out in the workplace!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!