Wouldn’t it be awesome if you went into an interview knowing exactly what questions you’d be asked? While we do not have a crystal ball, we can tell you what some of the most common interview questions are for new hires and give some advice on how to answer.
1. Tell me about yourself. This question often trips people up because it’s so open-ended. The best way to answer this question is by pretending you’re selling yourself and come up with a marketing pitch for yourself as it relates to what you can bring to the job. “I am a dedicated, hard-worker with strong communication skills…”
2. Why should we hire you? This is your chance to really sell yourself. Share what unique skills and experience you can bring to the team. Make sure to share the point that you have the knowledge necessary to excel in the position and bring up something that only you can offer with your experience.
3. What are your strengths and weaknesses? To answer this question, it’s important to remain confident and humble at the same time. Explain what makes you a great fit for the role and share something that you would like to improve on that wouldn’t be a hindrance to this position. Then, explain what you’re doing to try to improve your weakness..
4. Why do you want to work here? For this question, you must research the company in advance. It’s best to answer this question with a focus on things that are unique about the company that appeal to you. Talk about any opportunities within the company where you believe you could provide value.
5. Why are you leaving your current job? It’s important to keep things positive here. Never bash your former boss or company. Frame the answer in a way that shows you are eager to take on a new challenge and grow in your career.
If you’re looking for additional interview advice contact us for interview coaching today!